Yes it would be best if everyone just created their own designs from scratch and shared them with the community. I feel using the workshop is a privilege not a right and as a privilege it can be revoked for blatant abuse and inconsideration of other users designs.
My thoughts for workshop guidelines.
* If a user wants to modify another users original design it should be mandatory with the workshop privilege to contact the original ships designer and get their "EXPLICIT" consent before uploading their design to workshop and credit to the original designer MUST be given and shown in the description. NO EXCEPTIONS.
( Note: Original ship designers reserve the right to politely refuse such requests and say NO. User asking for consent must be able to take NO for an answer without argument. User asking for consent can be reminded he can create his own ships in the ship designer should his request for consent be refused by the original designer. )
* Users should not upload a design they DID NOT originally create without original designers permission and consent. Furthermore, a moderator should also be able to verify user has original authors consent to upload said work to workshop under his own name and must have credit of original designer name clearly listed in the description. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Users who's original works are stolen and pirated are strongly encouraged to report violations and should give the necessary information to verify if there is a violation and be wait for the moderators to take acting. Action will not always be swift due to different time zones each moderator lives. Be patient. ( Yeah I know, I'm not always patient, )
* Volunteer Moderators should be encouraged to use their own best judgement. Moderators need to be firm, fair and impartial. No playing favorites. If a moderator is unsure he should defer to a developer or a more experienced moderator for guidance.
* Repeat violators can have their workshop privileges suspended if they continue to disregard rules and guidelines after being warned for the first offense as follows:
First offense= polite warning
Second offense= Stern warning
Third offense= 3 day suspension of workshop privileges
Forth offense= 7 day suspension of workshop privileges
Fifth offense= 30 day ban
Sixth offense= 1 year ban or permanent ban after moderators and a dev discuss if its needed.
* Habitual abusers could have workshop privileges permanently revoked ( total user ban ) if they constantly violate the guidelines and rules after a number of warnings go unheeded regarding users original designs if all moderators and a developer feel its warranted that said violator will not abide by guidelines regardless of warnings and suspensions. OPEN for discussion.
* Volunteer Moderators should be encouraged to follow up with the original designer and let them know action was taken yet keep what action taken confidential.
Please feel free to add or give constructive criticism. Everything is open for discussion and changes so it will be fair and impartial.
Lets dot the i's and cross the t's.
Your thoughts please?
*****I will be editing this repeatedly to clarify and make changes. Please refer back to this post for any changes to my ideas for GC4 workshop guidelines. *******