I am 31 turns into my first game and so far I like 0.65 - not all but most.
Major ideas (nothing 0.65 related, could be feedback to a previous version as well):
- Icon zooms: It would be really great to have two values for each obstacle to define a range. Players could set the additional low value to make icons appear at lower zoom levels. For example: I would like to see the icons for ships, relics, anomalies etc. much earlier.
- Loading ships: sort options for citizens would be nice (I run a strategie to man colony ships with people of low expectations. Life at Core Worlds seems to be easier).
- Zoomed out: I would like to see a sum of my fleets and a sum of the visible fleets of rivals for each sector (this is based on my 0.60 experience. I cannot zoom out completly at my 0.65 game yet).
- On a zoom level that shows fleet-icons: I would like to have a special icon for the selected fleet. The circle becomes almost invisible at higher zoom levels
Minor ideas / bugs (nothing 0.65 related, could be feedback to a previous version as well):
- I read the suggestion (sitrep) to show mission results as notification. I do not like the idea. To explain why: I tend to ignore "top-left" a lot but I want to get informed about mission results. For me: everything important should be a pop-up or something I am not likely to ignore. I am not opposed to notifications though. Good additional notifications (instead of pop ups): mission results (research, treasure hunters).
- Shipyards should stay "visible" if in fog of war. It is a little bit annoying to set fleet destinations at their locations as a reminder
- Improvements should not increase anything at a higher level what they do not increase at level 0. For example: Bureauctric Offices gain + 2% Gross Income at level 2 but no gross income effect at level 0. This way you do not see this effect in the tooltip before placing this improvement. A + 1% at level 0 would be visible in the tooltip before placing it. The need to place everything to test it, then you forget it and have to test again is not so great.
- Bug: tooltips of improvements in development do not show the correct level. The images on the planet map do show the correct level. Tooltips do not consider improvements under construction.
- Ok. I will not write more about types and levels of improvements
- Wish: Sort habitable planets by potential decay / distance to existent core worlds
- I got used to send colony ships to a planet using the new feature: right click on a planet top-right. Now I want to send a ship to another ship/fleet the same way and it does not work
- Expectations of citizens could cover a bigger range. I understand that such a change at other values (intelligence, diligence...) could result in a balance issue (core worlds having lots of people) but for expectations I do not see balance issues. A wider range could motivate players to have a closer look.
Edit: I am at turn 166. I got people with expectations below 10 and others above 20. I guess I was just too early in my game when I got this idea. So, you already implemented what I had in mind
- Not sure but may be a good change: now: if you click on anything of the lists top/right it get focused and selected. I often only want that obstacle to be focused but not selected. That is because you lose the selection of a fleet.
Feedback 0.65 related:
- Two big continents at my first homeplanet and types of tiles seem to be less randomly chosen
- New galaxy setup looks nice. Reset to defaults added, nice
- Nice to see how many Excecutivy Orders are ready. Already a benefit. I would still like an opt-in/-out style. Invite leaders is not so important as draft colonists or call to election are.
- Tech library: great improvements. Filters of different categories should not be mutually exclusive though. For example: it would be nice to combine Colonization Focus techs and Available for research. You may want to add such kind of filters to lists of planets and ships.
- Nested tooltips are positioned a little bit different and are not so annoying anymore
- Not showing ship roles seems to be: step 2 before step 1. Maybe this is the point I do not like about 0.65 the most
- I like free civilian ships after unlocking early game technologies. Faster early game.
- Positive: new map generation: distribution of resources, big and little planets
- Do we have a colony upgrade to make use of +X% tourism?
- Does toursism work yet? A galactic festival does not seem to change anything.
Edit: Police state is op/bugged: it gives plus one control for each planet (colony and core world)