Political Machine 2016 0.9 Changelog (opt-in)
- Breaking News random events that can change the course of the campaign.
- New Candidates Nikki Haley, Chris Christie, Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi, John Kasich, and Michael Bloomberg
- New interviews Added "Good Day" and "Later Show" interviews
- New Endorsement "National Organization" is a new endorsement that increases your candidate's national awareness. Unlike other endorsements, it can be purchased repeatedly.
- Updated Issues Issues have been updated to names and importances to reflect modern events.
- Leaderboards You can now track your game results online as well as view aggregate stats for players around the world.
- Added "Breaking News" random event system.
- New interviews: Added "Good Day" and "Later Show" interviews
- Updated issue names and importances to reflect modern events.
- "National Organization" is a new endorsement that increases your candidate's national awareness. Unlike other endorsements, it can be purchased repeatedly.
- Updated party affiliation demographics for all 50 states.
- Reduced the number of random events.
- Random events will only happen later in the game.
- Tweaked some candidate stances
- Number of interviews scales to game length
- Fixed a bug where random events were not being spawned in rare cases.
- Increased Michael Bloomberg's starting money and fund raising states
- If the player leaves the game via using the Main Menu button, the other player is notified that you are no longer connected.
- Pressing the 'T' key shortcut to pull up the chat window will no longer a 'T' to the chat text field.
- Lobby Window now automatically refreshes its games list, so that games that are no longer joinable are no longer shown in the list.
- Fixed a problem if the host and the peer both left the lobby, the peer would sometimes see the old game.
- Fixed a case where kicking the peer joined would force the peer to the single player game screen instead of returning to the multiplayer screen
- Fixed bug where game assumes the host is Democrat and the peer is Republican. If instead the host picked Republican, the peer would still be forced to pick Democrat upon joining the match.
- fixed bug where if the host checked their READY checkbox before the peer joined, then to the peer, the host would be shown as NOT ready.
- fixed a problem where game names weren't updating properly after the host changed the game's name.
- The password field is now automatically given focus, so you don't have to click it before typing.
- The character select screen now says "choose candidate" rather than "choose opponent" when peer is choosing their character
- The peer will now correctly see the host's "ready" status, even if the host chooses "ready" before the peer joins the game
- If host edits his candidate after peer joins, the peer no longer has to exit and rejoin the game.
- If host creates a MP game with a blank game name, a default one is now used.
- After joining a game, the peer now displays the current game name instead of the name from the last game played.
- Updated help and tutorial screens to reflect changes in game play.
- On the Candidate Asset window removed a stray line that was cutting the table rows
- Adjusted width of clout value display, so it can fit up to 4 digits
- Added more feedback to the game difficulty
- Fixed some button bounding boxes
- Updated Exit polls screen to better explain the results.
- Removed extra column in Join Lobby window
- New Ad image for Legalizing Marijuana
- On Candidate Details window, fixed issue where tooltip was only working if you moused over a certain part of the entry. Fixed it to work no matter where on the entry you mouse-over.
- Added tooltips to the character stat displays for credibility/charisma/appearance on the "Create
- Speech" and "Create Ad" windows. The tooltip text is the stat description.
- Added tooltip to the "Issues" column header, and the player name column headers on the Exit Poll Window.
- Cakewalk Difficulty icon no longer has a white background
- fixed bug where any time screens were hidden, it would result in a state being re-selected twice, which recalculates a bunch of stuff unnecessarily.
- Added correct border to starting funds image
- If an interview question response doesn't apply any modifiers, the crowd dial will still show up
- Created a game option to control the speed of the election results (the end-of-game phase where states turn the color of the part that won them). There are two speeds, "fast" (current speed), and "slow". Defaults to "slow".
- Changed to the Exit Poll Window to better show voter support for candidates based on specific issues.
- Added tooltip to the "turn" button explaining why it is disabled. It is either disabled when you've hit turn and are waiting for the AI to finish their turn, or it is disabled while you are flying from one state to another.
- Removed Donald Trump's baldspot.