could you guys tell me what files need to be edited to mod the AI behaviour? i wanna play around with it.
here are my observatons so far:
1) ai not building propper fleets as already discribed
2) ai does not understand the value of strategic locations of planets and stations - it will happily trade away stations that can be used as bridge heads into their territory or one simply builds a station in their territory to trade it to them a turn later
3) ai doesnt understand trade. AT ALL. it does not understand that aquiring resources of which it aready has an abundance is worht less than a rare resource for example
4) ai wont build good improvements on planets: sometimes i even find planets full of farms that have far less population
5) ai always uses the same pathfinding to attack your territory so once you figure out the corridor in which their fleets move you just bock that or create a shooting alley
6) ai can be very easiy overpowered by buiding long range transports with large or huge hulls so they can carry enough firepower.. since the ai barely defends its planets you can, in a single turn, take over alot of planets rom them simply by having a bunch of long range transports to swoop in. then you simply trade them one of the plaets and maybbe some useless stations and resources for a peace treaty and repeat.