After several hours of gameplay under my belt I can say that I really like the game so far! Goodjob! I have a good feeling this can become the game I had been expecting from Stardock back in 2010.
As I played I took notes on a paper of all the things that just somewhat got in the way. My first round of feedback will be about this: ANNOYANCES!
1. Pre-explored stuff in the fog of war disappears when reloading your game : This is my worst annoyance so far, each time i quit the game and come back, all areas in FOW are blank (Terrain with no features) ... Some of it eventually comes back by itself for some reason...
2. Mouse hold on scrollbar in hiergamenon ( and other menus ) : As soon as your cursor gets away from the scrollbar while doing a hold and drag, it just stops to work until you stop holding the button and start over. Really annoying. ( Should work like in my web browser )
3. Build queue priority editing. If it is possible to do it, i could not find how. In any case i feel this should be an option that is easy to figure out. I propose the possibility to simply drag and drop the icons in the build queue in whatever order you like.
4.Party formation : Once again, if it is possible, idk how. It really annoys me that in every battle my ultra initiative boosted warrior with like 6 movement gets first turn but cannot do anything because all the riffraff is always in the first row and blocking his way.
5.The equip menu: When you have several heroes in your army, it really annoys me that you cannot switch over to the next one via the menu.
6.The equip menu ( part 2) : Well, i actually dont even use it... I always use the trade menu, as you can not only trade but also equip and shop in the same menu. The equip menu seems useless but for the additional information it gives about your character. I feel it would be better to somehow integrate all this info in the trade screen.
7. Flee from combat : I keep building scouts. I send them to explore but they always end up being attacked by some craps. Scouts have 3 mov but can barely fight. They should be able to GTFO due to their faster movement but they can't (unless i simply did not figure how to) . As it is now they are doomed as soon as they are engaged.
8. Unit upgrades: Thank you for your loyal service lev 6 warriors! But just go suicide yourself now, your impossibility to use new armors or weapons just made you obsolete...
9: Floating info boxes in the map screen.: I like the idea of floating info boxes ( Namely the terrain informer and the faction power box). However when i click drag to move the map around, if i have the ill luck to hit one of those floating info boxes it stops moving the map and moves the box instead. Did not happen often but ever times it made me "Tsssssk! :
10. Cannot access my desktop with ctrl-esc: *Fixed with show desktop bar, no longer an annoyance. *
11. I really like hotkeys but... I don't know what they are in this game. The overlay menus are not much help, the Hiergamemnon *Gawd i can never remember how to spell the word) Is not much help either. The culmination of awesomeness regarding shortkeys imho is to have a menu in the option where you can see and configure them as you will.
12. Event Icons at the right: The master icon does not disappear by itself once you have clicked off all the secondary event icons it contains. Its not a big deal but still somehow annoys me.
13. Spacebar in map view : Ok not really sure about this one. Somehow i did not get how it worked so far. Seems to usually not do anything, even though i have idling units with no orders. However sometimes it will selects a unit with no orders, usually a fresh built one. Maybe there's something i did not understand yet...
Hey that will be all for now! Will keep on writing on my paper but now it is full so ill start a new one.