I'd have to say mine is Ufo: Enemy Unknown/ Defense (which is it? lol im just gonna call it UFO) But I've been playing apocalypse and to tell you the truth, I wish these two games could have been mixed together!
Here's the x-com game I would make if I could:
-Make it a fight for the world (Apocalypse is just in a city)
- But make the tactical battles as fleshed out (terrain wise) as they were in apocalypse. What I mean by that is that if you fought in a school, the place looked like a school (desk, tables, bathrooms, etc). It wasn't always on that same farm with that popular barn every farmer seemed to have...
- I also loved having the option for real time! (what did you guys think of this?)
- Apocalypse lost some of the charm in tactical battles from the first game tho... I think it's because of simple things.
~ Like the first x-com was a more manageable in the UI perspective. Tho I did love the fact you could run or walk, that's something I would definitely keep!
~ I loved how if a soldier got wounded you knew just how many days they had to spend in the infirmary. It's more personal
~ I liked the fact your soldiers had to heal each other with medikits, in apocalypse it seems (from what i've seen) that you have to take care of yourself, and I've yet to see one of my soldiers pass out.
~ NIGHT BATTLES!
- The civilians in Apocalypse actually act scared of the aliens threatening them (for the most part) while in UFO they always just walked out into the middle of the night
- The aliens from the first x-com were more recognizable, while apocalypse were more like zombies. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I think I'm partial to the little greys lol
- The first time I saw a soldier jump over a table in apocalypse, i seriously shouted "Wow, cool!" that was really awesome. I also liked how they would shuffle from side to side in a fire fight.
- Make each character look different! Apocalypse gave them fairly different "profile pics" which was nice but they all had the same head! no matter boy or girl! And UFO only had a few types for each, but I always felt more attached to my troops in UFO than I have so far in Apocalypse.
So mostly my game would be a lot like UFO, but I think Apocalypse did some things right. Like tactical battle's terrains, real time battles (running and jumping over tables! ) , being able to train and psi train (from the beginning) in your base. That's what my game would be like, how bout you guys?