The southern half of Voganos is a large continent, seperated along geographical lines by distinct variation in the environment. The west has a temperate climate and is dominated by a large mountain range, with coniferous wooded areas in the north and west and decidious woodland in the east. There are fertile regions on either side of the mountain range surrounding two rivers, where the Lantonne and Wassentorg Empires have developed. The center, known as the Unforgetting Lands, also has a temperate climate. The north of the Unforgetting Lands are vast plains, home to the Telanico Nomads exiled from the Empire of Litanico. In the south-east are the Kartuss Ruins, once home to an ancient civilisation whose past is reconciled vaguely by a surviving fiefdom. The eastern Unforgetting Lands are home to savage barbarian tribes, who prey on townsmen of the nearby Litanico and Bacam. The eastern region is comprised of the Gazorinos in the north and the Tal'rashi Desert in the south, with temperate and megathermal climates respectively. The Gazorinos is a region of varying terrain, housing the Vagén Nomads and the Litanico Empire in the north-west and north-east respectively, while the center is home to various villages and hamlets, all oppressed under the tyranny of Dark Wizard Kyogre. The Tal'rashi desert in the south is hot and arid, supporting only the wealthy trading nation of the Bacam Sultanate in the outer desert.
Far north of the sea are two mountainous islands each with a humid climate, home to ancient civilisations that finished a war hundreds of years before the current events. Both islands are fairly similar in geography, with dominant mountain ranges and the occasional seasonal forest.
Some zoomed views of the different regions:
Some zoomed views of the different factions:
Some zoomed views of particular features:
Okay, now that I've gone over the map, I'll start suggesting (but not demanding) characters and names for everyone to take on:
- Samurye (Baarg'an'Togot) as the wizened and elderly Wind Wizard, master of the Tower of the Wind Wizard and loose ally of the Wassentorg Empire (explains why they haven't been subjugated yet) OR stubborn and battle-hardened Grand Master of the Tainan State Monastery (reference number 10).
- Noobsauce (Rucie Palonné) as an intelligent yet vain mage apprentice, living in the grand city of Le Mendé (reference number 12).
- Mr. Blunt3d (Deynon de Toulo) as the skilled and flexible commander of the garrison at the border town of Duzon (reference number 13), still haunted by his failed defense against a mountain orc raid at the now-ruined town of Marchette (reference number 15).
- Sybertronic (Wictheer Krone) as an elite and feared assassin of the Wassentorg Empire, hunted by secret agencies of the Lantonne Empire for his foiled attempt on the Lantonne Emperor's life.
- Orodum (Verl das Logaarburg) as a wealthy aristocrat living in the Wassentorg capital of Magnöge (reference number 3). A 'sufferer' of multiple personality disorder, he is a sensible gentleman by day, and a free-willed womanizer by night.
- Snall Trippin (Tanonel Mønterz) as a mysterious and well-spoken adventurer who travels the width and breadth of Voganos in search of treasure and fame.
- Doom Bringer (Shotu Ika) as a cold and calculating ninja in the direct service of the Jade Peak Island Imperial Ministry, tasked with exterminating theological dissidents in the capital city of Takane (reference number 1).
- Darth (Mogniato Silveta) as a defiant and altruistic warrior living in a village in the west of the Tyrant Lands, becoming a minor hero for his actions against the Dark Wizard.
If I've missed anyone out, please let me know.
I've started designing the portraits of characters. Verl das Logaarburg's portrait is the only one completed so far: http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/EmberFive/CC3/Voganos/VarldesLogaarburg.jpg