I've been thinking of ideas for a new RTS. This RTS would take place in either the present or very near future. This RTS would deal with a war between the U.S., China, and the European Union. Here is a tenative list of U.S. forces:
1) Infantry - Basic troops. Their default weapon is the M-16 with grenade launcher attachment, although they can be specialized to carry rocket launchers or sniper rifles.
2) US Army Rangers - lightly armed recon teams. Hard to detect.
3) Green Berets - One of the most skilled Elite units in the game, their only drawback is their tendancy to either go Native or Completely crazy. Oh and they sometimes collect the skulls of their victims.
4) Humvee - A light transport, the Humvee can be upgraded with light armor.
5) M1 Abrams - A main battle, tank, the Abrams offers firepower, armor and mobility.
6) M2/M3 Bradley - The Bradley is a well-armed troop transport, useful for scout missions.
7) Marines - The marines are a more powerful elite version of normal soldiers.
1) DDG class Frigate - The only frigate class unit currently avaliable the the United States, it boasts the abiliy to switch combat roles on a dime, thus making up for its somewhat limited numbers
2) Nimitz Class carrier - The largest Warship on the Earth, the Nimitz can be deployed anywhere in the world. It also has a large compliment of Hornet and JSF fighter bombers to deploy at a moments notice. This is definitely a tough nut to crack.
3) US Navy SEALS - One of the best special forces teams in the game. They are specifically trained to Insert and Complete their objective as silently as possible. They are the Stealthiest Land based unit in the game.
4) Ohio class submarine - a large nuclear powered submarine, the Ohio class is an important part of the United
States nuclear deterrence policy.
1) F-15 Eagle - A Superb Multirole Fighter for its day, the F15 is gradually being phased out of frontline service due to its Age and limitations. Nevertheless, it still has a kill ratio of 5:1 agains most modern fighters.
2) F-16 Fighting Falcon - An Excellent Ground attack aircraft, it has the speed and manouverability that other ground attack aircraft lack. Unfortunatley this means that while its less expensive than other aircraft, its less versatile and more fragile in dogfights.
3) B-52 Stratofortress - A Massive Nod to the archaic bombers of WW2, the Stratofortress has been in most american conflices during the Late 20th century. The type is not yet ready to be phased out, so this model will remain in service well into the 21st century
4) F-22 Raptor - America's 5th generation fighter, the design skips ahead of other countries. Capable of fluing high and Silent, its drawback is its incredible cost to operate and maintain.
5) JSF (F-35 Lightning)/ JSF-STOL (Navy Version) - The JSF is a joint venture to expand on American Military Technology by adding a stealthy multirole Fighter. its drawbask is its relatively young age and Cost to operate.
6) AC-130/AC-135 Herculese - a close in air support artillery platform. if you see it, and youre not from the US, odds are you are already dead
7)B-2 Spirit - The B-2 is a stealth bomber, undetetectable by radar and difficult to see. The B-2 can drop 40,000 pounds of bombs. The only drawback of this aircraft is its stratospheric cost.
8) A-10 Thunderbolt II - The A-10 is a haeavily armed tank killer that can slice effortlessly through enemy armor. The A-10 can also sustain extraordinary amouts of damage and still fly.
9) EC-135 Spook - A Modified AC-130 airframe used to instill Shock and Awe within the warzone capable of broadcasting propaganda and instilling fear
10) E-3 Sentry - An advanced Radar/Command interface utilizing the most sofisticated technology avaliable, this unit relays orders and infromation in real time.
11) E-8 JSTARS - An Airborne battle platform designed to provide logistics for ground forces.
12) YAL-1 - An airborne laser platform designed to destroy enemy missles with advanced lasers. usually paored up with E-3 or E-8 aircraft.
13) RQ-4 Global Hawk - An Advanced Robotic Observation craft designed to go long distances
14) KC-135 Stratotanker - an aerial refueling craft, the KC-135 allows U.S. aircraft to remain airborne much longer
15) AH-64 Apace - A powerful attack helicopter, the AH-64 can devestate enemy forces while remaining in the same spot.
16) UH-60 Black Hawk - A transport helicopter, the Black Hawk is fairly fast, and infantry inside can fire out ate forces below.
17) CH-47 Chinook - The Chinook is a heavy transport helicopter. It is relativly fast, but cannot defend itself in any way.
18) V-22 Osprey - The Osprey offers the hover and short take off area of a helicopter along with the range or a turboprop aircraft.
Here is a starting list of the forces of the European Union
Congolomerate forces - This body is made of the combined armies of all EU countries. The multinational forces work almost smoothly. their drawback is the different weapons they use, seeing that this is the only way to tell individual forces apart.
SAS - The British Special Air Service is the most decorated of all EU operating units. Trained to do everything from flanking attacks to tactical assaniations, they serve the multirole purpose of being the only Elite force in the EU.
County Class Destroyer - This destroyer was an offshoot for anti aircraft defense for the Royal Navy's Fast but poorly armed fleet. Although gradually being phased out, it still proves pivitol versus attack aircraft.
Leander Class Frigate - The "bread and butter" unit of the EU Navy. Capable of Anti-Submersible and interdiction duties, its drawback is its poor firepower versus newer types such as the American DDG class. Nevertheless, it is a sturdy workhorse that will continue until the 21st century.
Resolution Class Ballistic Submarine - This aging submersible is being replaced by the newer Vanguard Class, but still retains its role as a nuculear deterrent.
Vanguard Class SSN - This class of submarine is multirole to the max, capable of Nuculear assualt, ship destruction, and Criuse Missile launching (albiet, nowhere near as accurate as the United States Tomahawk III).
Albion Class Landing Dock - This relatively unarmed ship is meant for one duty only, to carry enough aircraft to a point of conflict as rapidly as possible.
Invincible Class Carrier - This carrier is among the smallest of any ship under this designation, but it's compliment of Harrier Aircraft makes it formidible.
Eurofighter Typhoon - Using advanced Thrust Vectoring technologies, this fighter has been confirmed to be one of the best multirole 3rd generation fighter, superseeded only by the F-15 and F-22.
Saab Drakken: This high speed interceptor was developed to combat subsonic fighter bombers swiftly and accuratley.
Tornado GR4 : Used extensively in late 20th century conflicts, this strike aircraft proves to be an important asset, when it has adequate fighter cover.
Harrier GR7A : This Update on the Jump Jet classic includes improved engines, greater stability and improved thrust vectoring. Weapons payload and survivalibity is improved to compensate for its subsonic speed.
Sentry AEW1 : Comissioned to be an early warning scout, this aircraft provides support and jams enemy radio transmissions
Nimrod : A true classic from the cold war, capable of recon and ground ops observation. however it is prone to being shot down.
KDC-10 : This in-air refueling jet allows E.U. forces to remain airborne for long periods of time.
These lists are not complete.