With FileFront closing I will be posting FireFall v2.1 to Nakido tonight, it is an Entrenchment 1.02 compatible mini that does only six things, but i think enough to warrant a good game.
I have included ManShooter's Dynamic Movement Mod with version 2.1 which contains his Volumetric Explosions and Damage mini-mod as well. Thank you very very much ManShooter!!! Without it, my little file tweaks would seem very weak indeed. Anyway i have altered some of the specs for 2.1 from what i had in 1.0
1. Increased all captials to carry twice the number of strikecraft than they did before. Frigates remain the same.
2. All Capitals have one of their guns that is now capable of anti-strikecraft fire.
3. All planets and asteroids have had their resources doubled. (Homeworlds have 6 asteroids but the extraction rate for the home world is double what it was. All other planets and asteroids have double the number but same extraction rate.)
4. Max number of Capitals as well as max number of SupplyPoints has been tripled
5. Increased number of Starbases allowed per planet to 4 each race, Giants are 6 and Stars are 8. In addition, all the Starbases now are "moveable". They dont phase jump, i havent figured a way to do that yet, perhaps its not possible, perhaps the Devs could do this for those that request it.
6. Oh, haha, i almost forgot, The Pirates are Deadly now, haha, i upped their raid strength and gave them capitals as well. The raids consist of more ships and more of them, twice as many actually, and their Pirate base now generates an income for them on par with the Homeworld, so Look Out!!! Haha, i dont know yet if that last addition will make the game too difficult or not, but i thought the heavy players might find the challenge invigorating!!! Well, we will see, let me know what you think, so i can tweak it accordingly.
Latest version link: (version 2.1)
1. All Capitals have one of their guns that is now capable of anti-strikecraft fire.
2. All planets and asteroids have had their resources doubled. (Homeworlds have 5 asteroids but the extraction rate for the home world is double what it was. All other planets and asteroids have double the number but same extraction rate.)
3. Max number of Capitals as well as max number of SupplyPoints has been doubled
Thats it, it may not be much but i think it alters the play enough to make it interesting without unbalancing the upgraded benefits of Entrenchment, or making any one race overpowered over another. Hope everyone will give it a try and hope they like it.
Wish i had cool new models to throw in, and cool beam physics too, but im really just a file tweaker, i play with the values, and alot of the time i have unbalanced things, even when it was fun. But wanted something as close as i could get to the original and still have some tweaks to make it different. Anyway, take care, and keep gaming and keep modding!!!
OKie, Pirate tweak with Capitals may not work, i was running a game in 1.16 and had a mini-dump, i think it was the Pirate change, please let me know. I can change out the gameplay.constants and stop it, if that is it.
Download link for FireFall v2.1 is MediaFire, heard spyware issues with Nakido, figures right, its p2p, so am staying with MediaFire for now
Let me know if its okie,