I do so love these Mac fanbois and their attempt at making what they think are balanced, objective comments or reviews. Heaven forbid if they actually thought before they posted.
1. I remember number of similar "wow great" threads / sites / blogs during Vista beta and at the end it turned out to be pile of crap
If it reall was "crap", why did so many people actually BUY it...and apparenly LOVE IT (based upon product return levels via retail channels)?
2. So far what I read about Win 7 it feels like nothing else but "Vista patch" which is good news for sure but nothing to get me remotely excited...
Nice bit of parroting there, "-=XX=-Nephilim" - You're just reguritating what the MS-bashers are doing so you'll look somewhat informed; suprise! Your disguise failed. The users who have used the Public Beta have been experiening huge...no, massive performance increases with W7 versus Vista.
3. Again, so far, I haven't read anything about fundamental redesigns to OS meaning that most probably we will have nice and fast system when freshly installed and then bloated hog 1 year down the line when we will eventually reach the point of full reinstall just like with every other incarnation of windows... Registry is still there, it is still not based on Unix, security issues are still there etc...
How about trotting-over to MSDN's Channel 9 pages and try reading-up on W7's internals. Ever heard of "MinWin"? "Modularised Kernel"? "Modularized Services"? I guess not. UNIX is a dinosaur, and Apple couldn't code a high-performance OS, so it grabbed the MACH kernel and stuck a pretty face on it; PIG + MAKEUP=PIG.
4. I also see constant attempts to rip of OS X - pretty much continuation of Vista experience in that sense which I find pathetic to say at least... why not go for something original, inspire industry and put OS X in such position so its forced to rip of Win for a change...
Guess what "-=XX=-Nephilim"? The lovely dock that makes Apple users all giddy and feverish - it came from....WINDOWS 1.0!!! Yep - Apple's only real claim to GUI fame was LIFTED by Jobs when he threw NextStart / NextStep together. He saw Windows 1.0 when Bill Gates & Steve Jobs showed him Windows 1.0 at the Mac launch; you can see it clearly in the 2nd screenshot on this page: http://www.guidebookgallery.org/screenshots/win101. Amazing, eh? So much for Microsoft copying Apple; can you say "dead fork"?
5. Put functionality aside, aesthetics are still shit... I mean cant they at least employ designer or two so they make it at very least look nice!?
I'll take Windows over the sterile, bland, diverticulitis-diet, artsy-fartsy UI in a heartbeat - so has 80% of the world's PC users. I used to wonder why just looking at a Mac made me sick, and I just figured it out; everything looks like it's been coated with Milk of Magnesia!
6. Sure... At this point Stardock comes in with Blinds, Dock, Desktop X etc... to fix the disaster. Which is great news but then again this thread pretty much turns into add for Stardock software which user should install to get out from usual Win visual hell... When I was Win user I had more less all of Stardock products installed just to make my experience of using computer remotely comfortable and modern...
Are you serious? Microsoft doesn't own Stardock (the owners of WindowBlinds, ObjectDock, DesktopX and others), they're an independent company. Most of the work Stardock did was originally for OS/2 and not for Windows. Do we see Apple suing Stardock for their products ability to do things similar to Apple's Sacred Dock? In case you forgot, "-=XX=-Nephilim"; Stardock owns wincustomize.com - brilliant move, porkchop!
7. I am 101% sure OS X 10.6 will take a piss out of Win again...
Wow - that means that OS X 10.6 will get Apple a 21% market-share? Bravo! Three cheers for mediocracy!
8. Win to gain trust and driving force again needs to be redesigned from scratch! - Untill then...
Ummmm...it looks like your cut-and-paste from some other Apple Fanboi's rant didn't work too well with that point.
9. ... EPIC FAIL!
And you have failed in such an epic manner in your post to make really any sense at all. Step away from your Macintosh slowly as to not disrupt the "Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field Generator" and you might be able to think for yourself.
Apple has it's "Think Differently" mantra - The rest of the world just wants the Apple fanbois to "THINK" instead of swooning over every shiney bit of white plastic and brushed aluminumn.