Yes, I do new years resolutions. It is a great time to assess where you are and where you want to be. Sure you can make changes any time during the year but there's the thought that this year I will get it right. I will improve myself and be a better person than I was last year. My resolutions as always are numerous.
1. I will continue to build my face painting business by getting a website online by February 15. I will paint at four festivals this year. I will go to the DFW face painters guild meetings. I will continue to practice and improve my skills.
2. Get my booty in gear. I will keep a food diary. I will limit myself to one Dr. Pepper a day. I know I should give them up entirely but I'm trying to be a realist here. One a day is bad but not as bad as two or three or four. I will shake my groove thing for a minimum of thirty minutes every other day.
3. Finances - ugh. This is a hard one. I know I need improvement in this area but I have a hard time figuring out the solid steps I need to take to make changes. I will let this one be that I will get some library books on personal finance and evaluate where I am and where I want to be financially.
4. I will mail birthday cards and just because cards to my friends and family this year. It makes me happy and I have them coming out of my ears since I make them but instead of mailing them I put them in a box. I will MAIL them!
5. Declutter - I will use the one in - one out rule. If I get something new, I will get rid of something old.
6. Family - I will find a way to visit Ohio this year. I don't know the hows but I will find a way to make it happen. I haven't been there in seven years and my Grandma just got out of the hospital. I was afraid I would never get to see her again. Now that I have the chance, I need to find a way even if it is a short visit.
7. Parenting - Another area that I know I need to improve but don't know where to start. The resolution - be a better mom. The details I'm working on.