Updated Info December 13, 2008:
1. I have finally got the new radiated planet icons to work, now I can go onto other things (by the icons I mean the 2d hudicons infocard icons etc.
2. I have removed the Black Hole STAR not the planet like black hole only the star, and I have managed to get rid of the String Not Found error as well (however only with the black hole star)
3. Fixed some minor 2d icon glitches with my new Tyrant planet icons (it had some extra atmosphere and stuff)
4. Did some more minor balancing mostly with stages of research for logistic and tactical slots.
5. Made unique icons for the planet like Black Hole
Anyways I think that 1.0 should be out sometime around the middle to the end of this month since I want to make a new research thing called Toxic Colonization which will alow colonization of Toxic and Radiated planets (since as of now you don't need to research anything to obtain em). I will buff these 2 planets up as well a bit more since now you will need to research first to colonize em so I am thinking of raising the pop cap slightly, adding a bit more slots, and giving them the Radiated planet some mana restore abilities for ships in it's gravity well since the radiation of the planet would help out with anti-matter restoration.
I am also thinking of getting rid of ship graveyards, this is up to you guys though, so to tell me what you want to do with the ship graveyard go to my official site for this mod (link is at the top of the page) go to the Extras section and place your vote. If you would make a membership (it's free) to my site I would appreciate it since not to many people are using that site and I would really like it to catch on lol.
Quoting XselenS, reply 16Updated Info December 10:
1. Editor says it missing a string of info on the planet. Probally cause you removed those planets. There's another file or stringinfo in the string file. So it's looking for them. That would be my guess for looking up that error. The next question is of course what file? Only Uzi would know for sure. What about player.entity, gameplay.constant and game sceniro.galaxy file? Is the removed planet.entity file still in the gameinfo folder? Make sure you have all string info. Typo's errors can drive you crazy...
2.Gas Gaint research was a seperate reasearch to do in Sins Plus and it also had a modifier with it. By increasing population. I see you combined it with Volcanic. If I redid it, I might name the research Orbital Station or Cloud City research. You can use that or not. You could aslo tie in wormholes, asteriod betls, Magnetic Clouds and Plasma Storms into that research also. These would cause bottlenencks and key points to hold and take. Specialy worm holes. Yes the AI does colonize them by defualt. One thing I can't get colonized is stars the orignal Stars. I think you would have to remake them. I can't even add neutrel riods to them. I guess that's why Uzi did rogue stars...
Thanks for the info ( I guess I forgot to edit gas giant stuff in the beta) in 1.0 I have made it so gas giant research is seperate however, anyways I don't think I'll ever allow people to colonize stars (the central of the system) since it's unrealistic and who would want to live on a star (also one of the reasons I removed rogue stars) Anyways thanks for the info. I'll talk to Uzii about what to do about the string not found error.
would you consider making your mod merge-able? so others with mods can enjoy the fruits of your labor?
I don't think I'll do any merging for a while (until I feel my mod is a good ways completed) however I am pretty sure I'll be merging the Last Stand mod with mine when it comes out and when I ask for permission if that answers your question.