When Object Desktop 2009 is released, this is where the known issues will be posted. Please post your findings here as well. Thank you!
Notes and Known Issues: (all issues are being worked on at this time)
Theme Manager 3.0 (Published at 11am)
- Aero Midnight theme included as a .suite file for Object Desktop customers.
- My Desktop / Save My Desktop: Dreams, skins and cursors sometimes do apply when saved as part of a suite. Please apply through the Applications tab as a workaround at this time.
- Applications / Cursors: Sometimes cursors take two applies before applying.
- My Desktop / Create New Theme: The Download URL function is not working at this time.
- Please update SoundPackager before applying sounds through Theme Manager 3.0.
- Users will need to open SoundPackager one time to have sound packages show up in Theme Manager 3.0.
- Fixed - On systems that do not have MyColors installed, an error about the StardockWeather.ocx file not being registered will display when applying weather gadgets.
- The Aero Midnight skin does not extract and apply 100% of the time on faster hardware.
Deskscapes 2.5 (with XP support published at 1pm)
- With a Dream file applied dragging and dropping icons from the desktop to a folder does not work at this time.
- Please visit this web site to review video card requirement details. In short, AGP Video cards are not supported at this time. Future driver updates from NVIDIA/ATI will add support later this year. At that time only AGP 8x will be supported (4x/2x/1x bus speeds are not adequate to support dream functionality at low CPU).
- The Watercolor Dream may exhibit some distortion on Windows XP.
Bootskin Pro 1.0 (published at 6:30pm)
- There is a new WinCustomize gallery for Windows Vista bootskins. Boot skins created for XP will not work with Bootskin Pro.
- Bootskin Pro allows users to create boot skins for Windows Vista, so boot skins created for XP can be re-generated and uploaded to WinCustomize.
- Bootskin Pro Create boot skin tab will attempt to read your Object Desktop Ultimate serial from the registry. If the serial number field is blank, paste in your Object Desktop Ultimate serial number to create a boot skin.
- There may be an issue with .bootskin file associations on some systems.
WindowBlinds 6.3 (published on 11/18/2008)
- Windows Vista 64-bit users may need to reboot after install if skins do not apply correctly.