Some of these came from the forum that you guys brought up that I liked and from Ideas I had while playing the game. I will be adding more as I go along and remember everything. Seriously this thing will be HUGE! Enjoy.
- More variety of planetary bonus tiles. Come on some 100% econ won’t hurt.
- Manager for structures which you can retire structures and upgrade them to better ones that will upgrade them automatically across your empire just to cut down on micromanagement(god please add this to GC2 for a last update!). But say later on you want them back you can do so if you want to.
- Shipyards. Make them upgradeable so you can have more ships in orbit and why not help with a little manufacturing boost. Upgrades can be different for the races.
- Homeworld can have a farm on it without moral going down the hole. Its your homeworld and it was being developed on for many years… come on now.
- PQ 10+ can start placing a farm on it, PQ 15+ moral penilties are starting to go bye bye cause planet is so big and rich with resources… PQ 25+ have extra farm. Bigger the planet a moral boost should be given.
Starbases and Mining
- How about depending on the race 1-3 tech branches. Thalans get one cause they are good at making Starbases.
- But an example for the 3 tech branch ie this is a side by side branch not a offensive to defence to next one like it is now to clear that up. A 2 tech branch would be Starbase systems and industry. So you pick where you want to start...
- Now the offensive branch upgrades are for attack power, maybe being able to attack twice as normal ships later down the tech tree attack cause its a starbase and its huge and aint going no where(unless your race can put engines on starbase).
- Second is for defensive branch which upgrades include range effect of starbase ie econ starbase had 3 star system in range now it can have the next nearest systems in range for boosts. Defenses, Assist bonuses to ships, and hull value of the starbase. so level 1 3+ to all defenses and 5% boost to hull (random assist mod). Level 2 10+ all defenses and 10% to hull, Random assist bonuses, etc...
- Finally a Industry branch for mining. Each level increase your mining yeld of military, econ, etc resources. With each new level or every other level you can increase the output of your contructors. So level 1 = 2 upgrades for a constructor, level 3 = 3 upgrades, etc... Later down the branch you can beam resources from mining centers to starbases to pay for and upgrade starbases for you. Also later down the tree some races can put small engines on the starbases. Then the final industry tech for starbases just auto upgrade so no micro needed and costs you nothing to upgrade them. So each branch can have say 3-6 levels of tech each depending on the race you play as.
- Also when you upgrade say sensor tech or weapon techs they unlock upgrades for starbases. How about instead of senting a constructor to add those new upgrades the starbase over time applys the upgrade say over a few turns. Newly made starbase start with more upgrades right off the bat. Cause this will make starbases more likable and easier to manage. My reasoning behind this is your trying to expand your empire so at first dealing with starbases is a pain but over time and with research they will take care of themselves and you just have to plant em where you want them.
- Keep the starbase manager and improve on it. Cause its great! Or better yet add a auto feature for constructors so if they are build you can have them auto go to starbases. But they dont move until the end of the turn so if you want to use them somewhere else then the ship you selected will be under your control unless you enable it back to auto.
- Starbase Manager that displays all the starbases you built (maybe including mines). You can make priority for certain starbases which get worked on first. Also for econ bases improve % bonus to planet output first, for military bases, weapons and assist moduals get built first. For galactic resources increase mining first then defenses.
Stars and Planets
- How about uping the planet count from 5 to 9 If possible. Also planets can have multiple moons. Say… 3 to 5 for maximum. I understand when a star system and its planets have all the same name but how about sometimes they all have different names too.
- Binary star systems would be cool.
- Moons giving different bonuses ie if it has life on it more to population. Some more bonuses like manufacturing, research, influence, moral, etc…
Metaverse and multiplayer
- Improve on the Meta and have more tournaments.
- Maybe in an expansion or should i say a later expansion that adds multiplayer to give all the time need for single player to be sweet and the same to multiplayer.
1. Minors can become majors. They start out with a few random low tech. Also for them to become major they have a minor tech tree say...5 to 10 techs so they can become a major. So then when becoming major they can start grabing their own planets. But if you trade a lot with them have a random chance of having a few of those prereq techs being automatically research or even just finishing it all and become a major.
2. You can culture bomb them... Please that would be nice.
3. Sometimes a few minors might band together and form a new major race.
4. Minor might join your empire or other empires to survive.
5. Max # of minors 16-20... cause not all of them will make it in the end to majors... some will be invaded. Some might group up and only a few might die off for unknown reasons.
6. Not all minors start with hyperdrive.
Mega Events and ethnical choices
1. Over time players can submit Mega Events and Ethnical choices even with pictures or animations if they want. This could really help make the game even better.
2. Now Current ethnical system is a little wierd. Good gets jack besides good defenses, neutral is well trusted and gets good trade. Evil gets good weapons but in councels sessions they can be screwed over. Why not make it random or hell + and - for all ethnical choices. So good and evil have large advantages and large disadvantages. Neutral can break even. (thats the norm for ethnical choices.) Some times all choices are bad or they can all be good just with different rewards. Neutral gets no ethical penilties towards other races ie diplo, but good and evil just HATE each other unless they find something benifical about working as a team...
1. Add a ship Library so we can keep track of all out ship designs. Say if we want to delete some, Rename them or motify them. Probably murge with ship designer.
2. Add a race editor. Set them up for your own use or AI use. Change what ships they use, their stock ships like colony ship, miner, etc... add pictures, motify what their ship tree looks like, backgrounds, music, history, star system name, planet names, etc...
3. Custom Libray where people submit their creations and you can download them.
1. Make our own HOTKEYS PLEASE!
Space Combat and ships
1. Tactical Combat... Maybe similar to say Star Wars Rebellion but obviously more improved.
2. Carriers. They require large hulls and maybe some races medium hulls. Carriers have high logictic points. Cause feeding all those people... really hurts the wallet. So for carriers then add Fighter and bombers, or you could have drones. At first fighters and drones can't warp they require research to do that but it should be farther down the tech tree they could... just they arent that great at it. Drones races as an example are Yor and Thalans.
3. Someone had a cool idea for hull like corvette hulls, frigate hulls, escort hulls, Battleship hull, they had like + and -. THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!
4. Fleets stay together in orbit around planets and when they leave they are still together... really would help out on micromanagement.
5. Specialtiy ships. Right now I make support carriers or attack carriers that make the fleet go faster, better defenses, or better offensives. Make more. Like repair ships with tractor beam to grab damaged ships and bring them home. Logistic ships. Heck I dont know...
6. Repair... Well if your ship takes to much damage say its down to 75% it wont repair beyond that and its effectiveness goes down too. 50%, etc... Below 30% weapons, defenses, moduals go offline. 15% engines go dead. Also say below 15-20% there is a chance that ship might explode so you need to watch those damage ships. Ships docked at planets repair 2x as fast and can fully heal. At a shipyard 4x repair rate. etc...
7. Add this as an extra way to upgrade. Leaving ships at shipyards will autoupgrade to newest version of the ship over time for free... but it takes awhile.
8. Starbases can be added to fleets. The amount of logistics they take up is similar to a medium to large hull ship. But this can be changed and talked about. Also there should be a requirement for adding starbases to fleets say 2nd or 3rd logistic tech...
Yes... working at adding more over next hour and few days.... So at first if it doesn't make sense I will look over it again and AGAIN! Also I will be editing this post too.