Like most companies, Stardock puts together an internal business plan for
setting up goals and objectives for the company for the forthcoming year (Stardock's
fiscal year begins its execution phase every October 1). As part of this
business plan is an appendix that acts as a critical analysis of what Stardock
customers can expect to see and what challenges the company faces to better
satisfy customer expectations.
For this year, it has been decided to make this appendix available to the
public. The Stardock 2008 customer report goes over some of the successes
Stardock has experienced but also looks at the failings with a considerable
amount of criticism in areas that the company needs to improve on.
The contents include:
- Impulse digital distribution status report
- The status on Stardock game projects
- Stardock's position on "DRM" and copy protection explained
- An update on the Gamer's Bill of Rights
- The status of Object Desktop
- A look at the dock technology now used by Dell and others.
- The results of the 2008 customer survey report (VERY interesting results)
If you're interested in the inner workings of a consumer PC software company,
you may find this document to be very interesting.