I think The Political Machine could use more specifics in terms of what units do.
Having given this some though ttoday here are some examples:
1) The advertisement screen doesn't ever explain what the difference between the difference types of ads. We need to have a place on the screen that displays what the ads do (example):
TV ads: +/- 2 points to your position on a given issue + 2% change each week + 2% change in awareness in the state and 1% each week in awareness in adjacent states.
Should also say something like "lower's candidate's appeal with Democrats" instead of "lowers democrat appeal" which is vague. Or better yet Raises your appeal with Democrats. And when you target opponent it should say "Lowers opponent's appeal with Democrats".
2) Same thing when you make a campaign speech. No information is given about what they dy.
3) Units should have a "details" button that brings up their screen which explains what they do.
4) The fund raising screen should display how many times you've fund raised that state since that greatly affects how much money you'll get from that state.
5) Campaign HQ needs to be more clear too. Example: Level 1 HQ raises your awareness in state by +1% per week. Level 2 does +2% per week and +1% to adjacent states. And level 3 does 4% per week and 2% in adjacent states.
6) State details screen needs an area that shows why one player is winning.
Key factors that need to be shown: Population that is Dem, Rep, and Indie. Your awareness vs. Opponent Awareness. And your points on the various issues vs. his points.