The Political Machine 2012 v1.01 Patch

By on August 7, 2012 1:04:23 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+599

Stardock is excited to announce the first update for the recently released The Political Machine 2012. The Political Machine 2012 allows players to hit the virtual campaign trail by creating your own custom candidate or choosing from a variety of candidates, such as Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum or Ron Paul.

Stardock also added several new issues such as "Chik-fi-let", "Provide tax returns", and "Government builds business". Various fixes for issues reported have also been integrated, including a fix for a memory leak, a multiplayer sync issue, custom candidates in MP, and other stability issues.

See the full change log for v1.01 below:

• Added new issues to reflect current political climate
    • Added "Chik-fi-let" as a new issue
    • Added "Provide Tax Returns" as a new issue
    • Added "Gov. Builds Business" as a new issue
  • Decreased importance of "Military Strike on Iran" and "High Gas Prices" to reflect current political climate
  • Updated electoral votes for states that had census changes
  • Fixed issue where custom candidates couldn't be selected in multiplayer
  • Fixed memory leak that could lead to poor performance in very long games
  • Fixed stability issues when a second game is started after a game has already been played
  • Fixed multiplayer victory achievement
  • Fixed a bug with a custom female body option referencing the wrong model
  • Fixes for various stability issues
  • Fixed multiplayer sync issue where the turn would sometimes not advance

Current customers will automatically download the update through Steam.

The Political Machine 2012 can be purchased for $9.95 from Stardock, Steam, GameStop, and GameFly.

Visit www.politicalmachine.com for more information.

2012-08-06_00007 2012-08-06_00012
23 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 7, 2012 4:35:38 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

just a quick heads up- this doesnt work! Still having the same problems- weeks dont cycle, the game is slow and keeps bugging! Also people keep disconnecting for no reason - all making this multilayer still unplayable!

August 7, 2012 4:50:09 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Also, please respond to my bug thread  http://forums.politicalmachine.com/429090

August 7, 2012 5:03:03 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Great fixes. Thanks for the update. But do you think it;s possible we'll get candidates that were in the 2008 express such as Mike Gravel and Mike Huckabee? I think they'd be good for the 2012 game

August 7, 2012 7:42:08 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Would like to see more candidates added, there are very few Democrats to choose from a many high profile Republicans are missing like Paul Ryan and John McCain.  I would also love the ability to go across party lines for VP, perhaps increasing the other parties appeal but hurting standings with your own?  Historical candidates and parties would be another great addition.  More focus on fast and furious plus a rewrite of the Tea Party would help realism 

August 7, 2012 8:08:56 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Great stuff! This should add even more topical humor and intrigue into the game.

August 8, 2012 2:41:37 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

How can I do an update without instructions? You have to remember not everybody is technologically hip.

August 8, 2012 4:23:55 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

This game should have:

1) 4 Player Multiplayer(4 player steam pack without 4 player multiplayer???)

2) Independent party in single player

3) Randomize button for selecting candidate, selecting opposition candidate, and when creating a custom candidate.

4) Late game use for clout

5) Maybe an xml/csv file to easily add additional issues... quite frankly, adding Chik-fi-let seems kind of lame.

August 8, 2012 9:26:28 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting LionDemocrats,
How can I do an update without instructions? You have to remember not everybody is technologically hip.

Once the game is in your Steam library, it'll automatically handle all updating.

If you've opened Steam since the update was released, it's downloaded/applied the update for you. If you haven't, it'll update next time you open up Steam.

August 9, 2012 12:02:47 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Just wanna point out Rick Santorum's (as well as a few other Republican Candidates) platforms should of been updated to be in favor of "Chik-fi-let" as well as a few Democrats be against...

August 9, 2012 5:19:59 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Why don't you add Reset with Russia, START Treaty, Relations with China, Arab Spring, Humanitarian  Intervention as issues? Free Trade? Tax Reform? Grand Bargain? Foreign Aid? Clean Coal Tech? Nuclear Energy? 

August 9, 2012 5:21:42 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Corporation Tax Cuts? Tax Cuts for Start Ups? 

August 9, 2012 5:23:34 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Infrastructure Modernization Project Bank? [Kerry tried to push that through in the Senate] American Power Act [Clean Energy Bill by Kerry]

August 9, 2012 7:49:04 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting LionDemocrats,
Why don't you add Reset with Russia, START Treaty, Relations with China, Arab Spring, Humanitarian  Intervention as issues? Free Trade? Tax Reform? Grand Bargain? Foreign Aid? Clean Coal Tech? Nuclear Energy? 
You can edit MainIssues.PM2issuesXML in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Political Machine 2012\Data\English\Maps\USA  with any text editor (I use Notepad++) to add issues.  

Just look at the existing format and make something like it.

August 9, 2012 10:28:27 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Great! We need a single place to store all these modding tips, but as I understand it, you and redarrow114 are already working on it.

August 9, 2012 11:50:22 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Steam Library doesn't automatically update the game contrary to what the mods have said. 

August 9, 2012 12:02:16 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting liberalsentinel,
Steam Library doesn't automatically update the game contrary to what the mods have said. 

If the game is set to automatically update in its properties then it should automatically update. I personally have all my games set to not auto update because of my data limit.

Quoting LionDemocrats,
Corporation Tax Cuts? Tax Cuts for Start Ups? 

I have used these two ideas, and added them into a new Mod, the first mod for the game, install instructions are more complicated than I would like, but they are easily accessible to anyone who isn't too scared of computers

check it out on the TPM Modding Forum.

August 10, 2012 4:32:41 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting liberalsentinel,

It's a "silent update" as I call it, it doesn't tell you it updated it just does...

August 10, 2012 5:01:00 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

I can't believe that there's nothing for the issue of audit/end the Federal Reserve.  

Perhaps the next update could include that issue?  Obviously, you'd have to tweak Ron Paul's and Newt Gingrich's stats to include the audit.  For Paul, it was a major issue of importance, and Gingrich had it as a minor issue.  Also, drop the value of marijuana legalization for Paul.  It's never been a primary focus of any of his campaigns.  Opposing wars, the Federal Reserve, pro-life are FAR, FAR bigger focuses of his campaigns. 

Also, I'd add at least Gary Johnson.  Yes, I know he dropped out early, and went to the Libertarian Party, but he did participate in some of the early debates for the GOP, and if we're gonna include other early drop-out members or non-declared candidates, he should be in as well.  His issues would be FAIR Tax, reducing the deficit, and marijuana legalization.  Also, he's pro-choice, making for an interesting dynamic in the game, a Republican who's pro-choice.  

Maybe even bring back some or even all of the actual candidates for both parties in the 2008 cycle?  I understand it's a different season, but it would make for some very interesting scenarios.  Could be kinda fun trying a Rudy Guiliani vs. Hillary Clinton theme (both from NY), or a Paul vs. Gravel race (both libertarian-leaning on certain issues.  Paul more fiscal, and Gravel more social).  

Generally speaking, for the way I personally play this game, I have no real complaints about it.  I don't really multiplayer, so those "bugs" are so far non-issues to me.  But a chance to have issues more accurately match candidates, and have all candidates in the game would be pretty awesome!  And I still want a primary/caucus cycle, too.  But, it's a good game, and I've enjoyed it A LOT so far.  Good work, Stardock. 

August 16, 2012 2:25:07 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

there is an xmlfile to add additional issues. go to political machine 2012 file, go to data, go to USA file or main maps, go to main issues. 

August 16, 2012 2:37:40 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

You should correct the statistics for Oklahoma and a couple of other states that tend to turn Blue [like West Virginia] even when I [Democrat] don't make any attempts to win them. Have you seen the results of their recent primaries? The Conservative Democrats voting against Obama in those states are even more conservative than the most right wing of Republicans!

Also, I think that , whilst the game is good, it takes away from the excitement when you can't move your poll numbers up or down during speeches for practically almost all of the issues. It sets the result in stone for a long game when its really far from reality. A real world candidate could have a late, unexpected  surge in the last three months or even weeks of the campaign as seen from Reagan's victory over Carter and John McCain's collapse in support which happened in two phases [picking Palin and driving away independents and women was phase one, whilst his confused response to Lehman collapse was phase two]. 

Also, just like in 2008, there is an error which I am not sure anyone has caught. The files, [just like the game manual from the 2008 disc] list "War Hero" as an operative but I find a character called The Definer. Whilst I value the Definer, I, and perhaps others would like an operative called The Veteran in the campaign.

August 16, 2012 2:38:43 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

see Redarrows instructions

August 19, 2012 12:25:47 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Medicare obviously needs to be included 

August 19, 2012 2:48:23 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Turns are still not advancing correctly in multiplayer.. any fix in the near future?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000781   Page Render Time: