Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

The Political Machine 2012 Hits The Campaign Trail

By on June 29, 2012 10:38:44 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+616

Do you have what it takes to be president? Today Stardock announced the 2012 edition of its popular political strategy game, The Political Machine. Play as more than 20 candidates including Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich or create your own candidate from scratch.

Players take to the campaign trail against a computer controlled opponent or a human challenger over the Internet. The goal: win the hearts and minds of America’s voters to achieve victory in the 2012 presidential election.

The Political Machine 2012 features updated political topics from across the United States. Issues such as Afghanistan, the economy, Obamacare, income inequality, gay marriage, and the national debt have been integrated into the game’s election database. Regional issues require the candidate to walk a tight rope between appealing to the widest range of voters and appearing to “flip flop”.

The 2012 version includes user interface and graphical improvements, new gameplay features and updated demographic data.

The Political Machine 2012 will be available this Summer for $9.95 through most digital distributors. It requires a Windows PC and an Internet connection to download.

Visit www.politicalmachine.com to learn more.

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 1, 2012 12:56:29 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums
So, when will the game be released? Everything I've ever read has said Q2 2012. That obviously wasn't accurate. I've been shocked at the lack of activity on the forum surrounding the new game. The developers haven't even specified what any of the new features will be. I personally am looking forward to the game and would like to know when it will be released and what the new features will be.
July 5, 2012 10:00:44 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

It has always shown it is to be released July 31st... 

July 7, 2012 11:05:06 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Two quick questions.

1.  I have two computers.  One for me, and the other for my son.  Will I be able to just buy the game once, and download it on both computers, or will I have to buy it twice to do this?

2.  Will this game ever be available on a disc?  Or is it going to be download only?

Thank you. 

July 10, 2012 9:38:18 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

I'm pretty sure the game is through steam.  Once you purchase the game online you'll be able to download it from there.  Then you just have to get steam and download it on your son's computer.  I'm not sure about playing at the same time because the game is linked to a steam account.  If it is a necessity to play it at the same then you might have to purchase it twice.

July 12, 2012 1:12:22 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

So are there no notes because it's the exact same game but with Mitt Romney tweaks?  Come on sell the existing owners!  Tell us whats NEW.  

July 17, 2012 8:32:44 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

I've seen conflicting information.  Anyone know if it will run on a MAC

July 18, 2012 3:57:01 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Here are the minimum/recommended system requirements... as far as I can tell it's incompatible with a Mac

Recommended:

• Processor:2 GHz Processor
    • Memory:1 GB RAM
    • Graphics:128 MB DirectX 9.0c 3D Video Card with Pixel Shader 2.0 Support
    • Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
    • Additional:Minimum resolution of 1024x768

Minimum:

• Processor:1 GHz Processor
    • Memory:512 MB RAM
    • Graphics:64 MB DirectX 9.0c 3D Video Card with Pixel Shader 2.0 Support
    • DirectX®:9.0c
    • Hard Drive:1 GB HD space
    • Sound:DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card
    • Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection
    • Additional:Minimum resolution of 1024x768
July 30, 2012 2:04:01 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

There is no Mac version.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000641   Page Render Time: