Political Machine 2012

The last game in the series according to ancient Mayan predictions

By on July 29, 2010 8:56:25 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Cleveland Rock

Join Date 11/2005

It's still early, but it would be nice to know if you have any plans to make The Political Machine 2012. If you decide not to make it, I might just mod The Political Machine 2008 to update it when the time comes (assuming I haven't been raptured by then and Obama doesn't flick his all-powerful "turn off the Internet" switch). As such, it would certainly be nice to know your plans before 2012 comes around.

Stewart-Colbert 2012, y'all! Rock out!

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 19, 2010 9:55:15 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

I can't wait for Political Machine 2012 as much as I love Political Machine 2008!

October 22, 2011 9:04:06 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Man i hope they make this. Herman Cain 2012!

February 18, 2012 10:25:42 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

While I know that Brad and the guys are focused on Elemental: Fallen Enchantress at the moment (and of course the other bread and butter apps they make), I for one would love to see Political Machine 2012.

In the new version, I'd love to see the game broken into two parts.  In part 1, you run against other candidates in your party, up to the national convention when the winner is chosen.  With different caucuses and primaries happening on different weeks (including Super Tuesday of course), this would add quite an interesting dynamic to choosing where to campaign each week to get the most delegates.  Also, during the Convention, trying to get the lesser candidates to throw their delegates your way would introduce another interesting dynamic.

Issues would be more party driven, of course, and while focusing on the opposing party wouldn't necessarily get you your party's nomination, the groundwork you do in this stage would still be important in part 2 of the campaign, when you face the opposing party's candidate directly.

In part 2, you choose your running mate and run against the other party's candidate(s).  While typically this would be Dem vs Rep, having additional parties/independent candidates could be interesting.  Also, if you came in second in the nomination process of part 1, the leader might choose you, so in this case the ticket would already be chosen, as far as game terms are concerned.

Finally, in part 1/2, some 'back door deals' to get some additional supporters/cheerleaders on the campaign trail might be fun.  Example: John Huntsman offers to campaign for you in the General Election, if you promise to make him Energy Secretary or Secretary Of State as an example.

The 2008 primaries/caucuses were very interesting, and the 2012 Republican nomination bid has been quite interesting so far to say the least.

February 26, 2012 3:38:06 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

I hope that there will be more scenarios in this new game example not only USA but to some countries like Thailand,Singapore recently they had a election...

April 3, 2012 3:48:33 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Enjoy guys, Political Machine 2012 is going to be coming out: http://forums.stardock.com/421099

May 1, 2012 12:44:29 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Quoting tjashen,

In the new version, I'd love to see the game broken into two parts.  In part 1, you run against other candidates in your party, up to the national convention when the winner is chosen.  With different caucuses and primaries happening on different weeks (including Super Tuesday of course), this would add quite an interesting dynamic to choosing where to campaign each week to get the most delegates.  Also, during the Convention, trying to get the lesser candidates to throw their delegates your way would introduce another interesting dynamic.

Issues would be more party driven, of course, and while focusing on the opposing party wouldn't necessarily get you your party's nomination, the groundwork you do in this stage would still be important in part 2 of the campaign, when you face the opposing party's candidate directly.

In part 2, you choose your running mate and run against the other party's candidate(s).  While typically this would be Dem vs Rep, having additional parties/independent candidates could be interesting.  Also, if you came in second in the nomination process of part 1, the leader might choose you, so in this case the ticket would already be chosen, as far as game terms are concerned.

I love the idea. Never thought about it that way. I do like the possibilities of primaries. That sounds like a good way to go about it.

I am hoping for more initial candidates. For example.....

Democrats

Barak Obama, Hilary Clinton, John Kerry, Mark Warner, Andrew Cuomo, Al Gore, Wesley Clark, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, Bill Richardson, Howard Dean, Evan Bayh

Republicans

Mitt Romney, Newt Gingerich, John McCain, Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty, Michelle Bachman, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, and Ron Paul

Campaign Play

Another thing I would like to see are some improvements to the campaign play. It would be nice for them to go back to the original game and add more candidates. This would be my wish list.....

Republicans

1. George Washington 2. Ronald Reagan 3. Richard Nixon 4. Abraham Lincoln 5. Dwight Eisenhower 6. Theodore Roosevelt 7. Henry Clay 8. Ulysses Grant 9. William McKinley  10. George H.W. Bush

Democrats

1. Franklin Roosevelt 2. Thomas Jefferson 3. Lyndon B. Johnson 4. Woodrow Wilson 5. John F Kennedy 6. Andrew Jackson 7. William Jennings Bryan      8. Harry Truman  9. Grover Cleveland  10. James Carter

Note that my list greatly differs from 2008s list, which i was suprised that FDR wasnt even on it!!! Nixon got promoted a bit due to his success in 72, same with Reagan who took the country by storm in both 80 and 84. LBJ was another under estimated figure. And Jackson! He made it on the 20 dollar bill but not in the game! Wow! Truman is another hardened campaigner that i thought would make a tough campaign opponent. I also added 3 time presidential candidates William Jennings Bryan and Henry Clay. Some of the losers should be remembered also.

Another thing that would make campaign play more fun would be improvements to playable candidates. As they progress though the game they can get points to add to their skills and attributes.

Scenarios

I loved the scenarios a lot. They were great! Would love to play some more. Along with the scenarios could be more unlockables and unlockable candidates. Some good scenarios could be..... 2000, 1992, 1980, 1968, 1960, 1948, 1912, 1896, 1860. I am not saying all of them, just a few more historical ones and other fun ones too. Some unlockable candidates could be 1992- Ross Perot (Reform Party), 1968- Martin Luther King Jr (Democrat). Some other just random unlockables could be Ben Franklin, James Madison, etc.

May 24, 2012 12:00:11 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums
I would like to know if the new game includes primary battles as that would increase the fun and strategizing involved in game play. It would also better reflect the real world as the AI and the gamer would both be forced to take into account ideological shifts and intra-party insurgencies such as the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street.

For example, suppose that we could have primary options on the GOP side in which we could not only pit Romney against Gingrich and Santorum, but what about a race that would see Rockefeller run against Goldwater for the soul of the Republican Party, or a race in which the player can pit their own customized Eisenhower against Reagan? On the Democratic side we could have Bobby Kennedy run against Johnson in a replay of 1968, and we could have FDR campaigning against Bill Clinton?

Does the existence of PM2012 mean that PM2008 will be wiped out, or we can continue to play both? Moreover, what about the Win-Customized candidates from PM2008? Can we transfer them to 2012? If not, are there any plans to allow people to upload their own candidates? I would also like to know why some of the uploaded candidates were stronger than the ones in the game [Josiah Bartlett and Leo McGarry from West Wing in particular] and how we could design our own candidates with enhanced statistics.

I would like it if issues such as War on Drugs, Free Trade, Nuclear Disarmament, Diplomacy with China, Student Debt, Humanitarian Intervention, Arab Spring, Democracy Promotion, Natural Gas Exploration, Nuclear Energy Expansion, Stem Cell Research, Contraception in Health Plans, Wall Street Reform, Tax Reform, Grand Bargain and more are included in the game in addition to those already mentioned.

Also, can we buy it as a disc rather than a download purchase? The Internet speed is weak where I live.

Most importantly,I would like to know if the system requirements match my computer;

HP Compaq Presario CQ61

Windows 7 Home Premium [64-bit]
802.11b/g WLAN
320GB [5400RPM]HARD DRIVE
ATI RADEON HD4200 GRAPHICS with 128MB DDR2 Display Cache
5 in 1 Digital Media Reader
3072MB DDR2 SDRAM [2Dimm]
AMD TURION II DUAL CORE MOBILE PROCESSOR M500 [2.2GHz 1MB L2 Cache]
Thank you
Timothy Spyrou
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time: