Lord Kona needs to go... so dumb

By on July 2, 2008 12:28:07 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

themitchc

Join Date 07/2008
+1

Okay in 04 the smallville chick was dumb enough... but this year it is SO stupid having a gremlin in the republican party.  Thank God I am usually republican in this game even though I don't really like the selection of republicans... but when I do run democrat it pissed me off seeing lord kona chilling over there in Delaware as the opponents VP.  No Huckabee, no Bush Sr, Hunter, Thompson, Arlen Spector, Jeb Bush, Bob Dole even for crying out loud... give me ANYBODY other than Lord Kona.  What a waste of a slot in an already limited selection of politicians.  I'm just talking about republicans because of the dead slot held by kona.  But Democrats need Gravel, Biden, Kennedy, maybe Pelosi, or dodd or kucinich even... all I know is the selection is terrible... PLEASE Stardock add some politicians in an update sometime... and Kill off Kona please for the love of God... Other classic people to think about... Pat Buchanan, Howard Dean, Wesley Clark, the reverends, Alan Keyes, Gephardt and Bradly (both in last game), Jack Kemp, Forbes, Quale, Jerry Brown, I'm only digging into the 90's cause I'm only 24 but there are alot of old figures that would be fun to play with... Colin Powell?  Perot could be republican, Nader could be democrat... Where is Leiberman?  But all in all the one most important thing is Kona being deleted from my life... and maybe use the slot for one real person... even the govanator who can never run was a better idea... but if possible I'd even pay another 10 or 20 bucks for a plethora of new candidates...

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 2, 2008 5:33:35 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Create-a candidate can make all those for you

I'm pretty sure they said something about new candidates in 1.1 anyway

July 2, 2008 5:40:55 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums
Kona is there for the Drengi scenario, and personally I think it's a hilarious addition.
July 2, 2008 7:10:00 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums
Yeah, I like him as well. Just rename him Ross Perot if you don't like him. The resemblance is uncanny.
July 2, 2008 9:31:39 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Yeah, expect more candidates as the major bugs are delt with...there are still some computers that refuse to play nice with PM2008, which takes priority ATM 

As for Lord Kona being removed, you could always remove him from the CoreCandidates file (though this will give you troubles in MP) but as long as most people like him (concensus is that he's good, silly fun) he's probably going to stay

July 2, 2008 1:38:15 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums
Is there anyway I can just disable him from being selected as VP in the core files? And yeah I messed around with the creation thing but I've always been a fan of using Core things brought to me by the makers themselves, feels more official and balanced usually. Buy hey thanks for the feedback, even though I don't agree with all of you Lord Kona fans... and everyone knows there is no room for diverse opinions. But uhm that's all if there is a way to disable the AI selecting him as a VP that would be awesome.
July 2, 2008 3:32:55 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums
As for Lord Kona being removed, you could always remove him from the CoreCandidates file (though this will give you troubles in MP) but as long as most people like him (concensus is that he's good, silly fun) he's probably going to stay

Probably? Probably??? He's my favorite part of the damn game!

Also, for the record: What exactly does the Veep do, besides give you a cash influx and some awareness around the state he's in?
July 3, 2008 1:08:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
If you're wanting have Lord Kona removed then might as well remove the Drengi scenario too. In fact, given that this game is "Political Machine 2008" then it's unrealistic to have anything in the game other than the standard 2008 scenario and candidates Obama and McCain. Yeah, I'm sure everyone would prefer that, please patch immediately!
July 3, 2008 3:24:01 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums
so here is a question, still wondering if I can disable him being chose by the AI in any way.
July 3, 2008 6:00:05 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums
I love Lord Kona! He is easily my favorite of the starting Republicans.
July 4, 2008 9:44:11 AM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

still wondering if I can disable him being chose by the AI in any way.

Not ATM, but im sure we can work something out.  In the meantime, just go into the data/english folder, make a copy of the 'Candidates.xml' file (for MP purposes) and remove the Kona candidate from the xml file that's used....quick and dirty, but gets the job done

July 4, 2008 4:44:33 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums
Not ATM, but im sure we can work something out. In the meantime, just go into the data/english folder, make a copy of the 'Candidates.xml' file (for MP purposes) and remove the Kona candidate from the xml file that's used....quick and dirty, but gets the job done

Thanks Boogiebac! Perfect. Now all I have to say is IF Huckabee is ever added to the game he should have a guitar prop. But thanks again for the quick fix!
November 16, 2008 1:02:15 PM from PoliticalMachine Forums PoliticalMachine Forums

Would there be any way to create a secenario where the Presidential and Vice-Presidential picks are pre-determined? This would stop Lord Kona and Abe Lincoln appearing in 2008.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time: